Guest Services Information: COVID-19
UPDATE AS OF 3/20/20
The safety and well being of our guests and employees is our top priority. In light of the COVID-19 CDC recommendations, Hermosa Hotel has made the decision to close all nightly hotel rentals from March 20, 2020 to April 30, 2020. We will be monitoring the situation and plan to resume hotel operations on May 1, 2020. Guest will only be able to book reservations after May 1, 2020.
UPDATE AS OF 3/13/20
The well being of our Hermosa guests and staff and our Avalon residents is of paramount importance.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
To date there have been no reported cases of any COVID-19 cases in Catalina Island.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional teps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our Hermosa Hotel management and staff are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our Hermosa hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to
address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps our Hermosa Hotel is taking include:
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our Hotel Employees– and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our employees are all reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our hotel employees are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Our Hermosa Corporate Staff and Management team are on standby 24/7 to support the hotel and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: The Hermosa Hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and even room key cards.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our Hermosa employees work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, laundry room, store rooms, and staff offices.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.