There are too many reasons to argue why you can and should spend at least 1 night in Catalina at The Hermosa Hotel.
Avoid the airport with little ones and step onto the Catalina Express for a quick and easy trip over to Santa Catalina Island. Kids and adults alike start their holiday as you board the friendly boats with snacks (and Bloody Mary’s) ready to serve.
We understand traveling with kids can be a lot of work and require nap times, snack times, and multiple trips to the restroom – and we have you covered! Just minutes from the boat landing we can help store those extras supplies in our luggage room for you, so they do not need to sandy up your hotel room.
Select from our many adjoining rooms or family suites so you have some privacy from the kids – but not enough for them to get into trouble. Additionally, many of our rooms are fit with kitchenettes allowing you to warm up leftovers, store breakfast, and come back for snacks in between meals cutting down on the restaurant tabs (while you will want to explore many on the island as well).
The Hermosa Staff also make fresh coffee all day – so swing by the lobby when the kids are down for a nap and grab either a glass of wine or freshly brewed cup of Caribou Coffee.
The Hermosa Hotel is centrally located next to many tours and kid-friendly activities:
- Have you done a safari? We are close to the tour pick up and drop off area.
- Take a break for a quick round of mini-golf, or real golf – both are nearby
- Ready to hit the beach but do not want to drag a lot of supplies, just take a leisurely 10-minute walk to Descanso Beach Club and rent everything from towels to kayaks
- Adventure up to Wrigley Memorial – or take the shuttle located outside our hotel
- Need to get in a homeschool-history lesson? We are next door to the museum as well
- Enjoy one or both of the 2 ice cream places on the island so everyone can have their favorite flavor
- Stop by the Arcade and dust off your PacMan or skee-ball skills showing the kids just how “cool” you are
- The Avalon library is also worth checking out – with a giant life-size chess board out front you can see it from our lobby and story time throughout the week
Stay all weekend with no reason to rush home. There are many places to join locals for Sunday service, so you do not have to rush back or get up early. Click here for mass times at Saint Catherine’s Catholic Church or visit the Avalon Community Church across the street from the hotel.
Loving your family time on the island? Why not make it a month-long retreat?
Monthly rentals available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call, 510-310-1010 to make the Hermosa your home for the summer!